The Galactic Terran Confederation
Welcome, members of the GTC!

Contact Admiral Kojan about your free Space Cookie!
Welcome, members of the GTC!

Contact Admiral Kojan about your free Space Cookie!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the members of the GTC of OGame's Mizar (UK) Server

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide

Go down 
+3
GeneralBogden
Aarondil
lifemaster
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lifemaster
Cruiser
lifemaster

Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide Empty
PostSubject: Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide   Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:18 am

Hi,

I'm proud to present to you our very own galaxytool.
Just as I was about to give up on trying to find a free webhost who would host it for me, I eventually succeeded.

This galaxytool will enable us to share our info on OGame, to search for all planets from certain alliances, view recent espionage reports from another alliance members, and alike usefull stuff. Galaxytool is officially allowed by GameForge.

I would like to ask you to all participate in this, it can be a major asset to our alliance by providing info which would otherwise be long or difficult to obtain.

So here's a little tutorial:

1) Go to our new galaxytool page furthefunz.atwebpages.com/galaxytool/index.php
Note: if you see no login form, try to refresh the page a few times untill you see it, I've had this problem on Google Chrome, so I stronly recommend using Mozilla Firefox to use the tool

Press register and fill in the form, then confirm. The account will then be created

You will probably get a little message in orange saying that an e-mail could not be sent. Just ignore this (it has to do with the fact that I do not have a mailserver, otherwise it would work).

Now you have to wait untill I activate your account with the admin account to log in. I'll try to check on this every day, but please be patient. In the mean time, you can already install the plugin.

2) Install the plugin for either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome (the one you play OGame on, you can choose here, however, I reccomend Firefox because the installation is easier, and because the site doesn't always show up well in Chrome). The plugin will make sure the data you see on Ogame are transmitted to the galaxytool server.

- Mozilla firefox guide (skip this if you only want it for Chrome)

Go to Mozilla latest plugin page and install in firefox. Then restart firefox to complete the installation.

- Google Chrome guide

Go to Galaxy chrome install and install the extension. You may have to restart Chrome.

3)Plugin settings:

open up the galaxytool site. On the overview page you will see a little square with 'Galaxytool plugin information'. Keep this open in one tab. Press the 'get new key' button.

a) Firefox: simply click the 'add settings to galaxytool plugin' button. You will have to give in a server (red coloured). Enter 'uni113.ogame.org' in that box (without the ' '). Do not check the oGeneral box. Enter any name you want (i used GTC). Press ok.

b) Chrome: log in to ogame. In the left low corner you will now see a 'Galaxytoolbar' button (under 'Shop'). Click it. Open up the 'Galaxytools' menu. Now you have to fill in the form:
Name: GTC
Galaxytool URL: http://furthefunz.atwebpages.com/galaxytool/secret/galaxyplugin.php
then enter your galaxytool! username and password in the corresponding boxes. The verification key is personal and can be found on the galaxytool homepage (after you've logged in). I recommend leaving the boxes as they are. Scroll down and press OK.

Now everytime you're playing Ogame you should see boxes popping up to the left of your screen. It might show errors all the time (it does with me) but that's nothing. It still uploads to the server, I checked it.

Please don't complain if the server is slow. It's free hosting. You can't expect it to be the best, but it works perfectly fine.

Also note that we might get banned after some time. While I hope this won't happen, I can't promise anything.

One more time: I recommend using Firefox for browsing the tool, it works way better than Chrome. You can probably use IE as well, I haven't tried this yet.

Hope you enjoy. You may now ask questions!
Back to top Go down
Aarondil
Heavy Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide   Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:44 am

I'm havin troubles with the 3rd point. Where is the galaxytool site? Is it the wiki page? Or what?

Edit: I found it, I just had to login the galaxytool page Razz

Edit2: it isn't uploading galaxy data for the systems I'm looking at, why this?

Edit3: now it's working. Ok, it's pretty easy to screw something off, just don't improvise with settings Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lifemaster
Cruiser
lifemaster

PostSubject: Re: Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide   Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:41 am

Can you imagine how much I had to screw around untill I got everything working :p?

But yeah, if you keep messing around it will work in the end.

Do you also get the error message when automatically submitting to the server? Because I do, but it doesn't matter cause stuff gets uploaded anyway Wink
Back to top Go down
Aarondil
Heavy Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide   Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:20 pm

Yeah I get errors but it's working, flawlessly.
Back to top Go down
GeneralBogden
Cruiser
GeneralBogden

PostSubject: Re: Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide   Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Downloaded Firefox and its working great.
Back to top Go down
http://i-am-a-legend.tumblr.com/
spacecat
Terran Lord
spacecat

PostSubject: Re: Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide   Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:49 pm

Post an user guide in Department of learning. Razz
Back to top Go down
lifemaster
Cruiser
lifemaster

PostSubject: Re: Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide   Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:52 am

Well, it was kind of a large thing, and it was an announcement as well, so I just decided to post it over here, so everybody could see the topic immediately.
Back to top Go down
Insomniac
Heavy Fighter
Insomniac

PostSubject: Re: Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide   Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:05 am

wow great job lifemaster, now your a lifesaver, this will come very handy Wink
Back to top Go down
Raysiel
Heavy Fighter
Raysiel

PostSubject: Re: Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide   Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 4:24 pm

applied to have my account activated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Odiseo01
Heavy Fighter
Odiseo01

PostSubject: Re: Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide   Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Thank you, I had a hard time remembering where this topic was. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide   Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Galaxytool created! + Installation Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galactic Terran Confederation :: Forum :: Announcements and Quesitons-
Jump to: